*If you didn't see the {Day 1} S Philadelphia to Tacony post yesterday, I've linked it below. I accidentally made it private and many of you would have missed it. https://www.patreon.com/posts/150090330

With record snowfall in this area, it was quite the challenge navigating the past 20 miles by foot. I made it to Bristol yesterday after 15-miles. Many beautiful moments like the video above reaching a cleared path at the Delaware River in Bristol.

And many more challenging moments like what I've invited in the longer video here. I know it's a little long, but for those new to my Pedestrian Dignity work, it might be helpful. For those who use social media, you can also watch the video I posted yesterday on accessing a bus stop in the same area: https://www.instagram.com/reel/DUbg9iHj-Cu/?igsh=a2c2aWlyeHc4anl1

**If you can't view the videos, consider joining on Patreon as a free member (or patron) here: https://www.patreon.com/intrinsicpaths

I loved these multilingual invitations in downtown Tacony as I started Day 2.

  • Be kind. Be curious.

  • Art is for everyone.

  • Compliment the next person you see.

Majestic Sycamore trees… the twisting… the reaching… the wisdom.

Y'all. Finding a place to use the restroom is a THING on these more urban journeys. I have so many stories. I'm sharing this photo because these were the first trees I RAN to with bursting bladder panic. I slowly walked back completely relieved. Advocating for and providing - at your home, office, park, town square - public restrooms is a serious dignity WIN.

After relieving myself, the beauty returned 😅. Don't miss these magical, spiraling twigs.

For about 20 minutes I walked slowly along the grassy edges between high speed car traffic and Bristol Ceremony. I tried to observe each of the names. Speaking them out loud as I moved. Honoring ancestors. Honoring the trees that rest with them. Inviting the wild, mystical, and inevitable reality of death. All under a gloomy sky.

So many beautiful and haunting 17th century buildings on this walk. Don't miss the birds high in the sky.

You may not be able to see and it and you most certainly can't feel it, but the temperature at this moment was below zero with -11 wind chill. This was the start of Day 3. The trail I was planning to use was buried under 4ft of snow. My only other option was walking on tight shoulders - high up on overpasses - against highway traffic. After 5 miles I couldn't feel the left side of my face.

I decided to release it and took two trains to Trenton and then Newark. I rambled around Newark as long as I could in the frigid temps.

And then stumbled upon this gem. Intrinsic Cafe. What a magical place. I talked with one of the owners, Claude Alix, for quite awhile… on life, walks, dignity, community. I gifted him with a print and two stickers.

He asked me to draw on of their display cups. We plan to connect soon to talk about Intrinsic Paths + Intrinsic Cafe collaboration.

Thanks, everyone, for moving with me. Thanks, patrons, for helping to make this all possible. I was able to get a lot of writing done these past few days. I'm excited to see how it grows from here.

Trying with you,

Jonathon