Patrons & Friends,
I've shared the graphic (by _grief_library) below on every channel I have access to. It sums up much of the terror and grief I feel surrounding ICE and an "administration" fixed on power, protecting wealth, empire, religious manipulation, oil, and intimidation.
As someone who has worked for years in refugee resettlement, immigration rights, and community advocacy, what unfolded in Minneapolis yesterday is not new. And. It is absolutely escalating with plans to only grow from here - more agents, more detention centers. The more we are informed and in-community around helping to protect our neighbors, friends, colleagues, and ourselves, the better.
Have this phone number on hand 1-844-864-8341. Consider inviting your community, teams, and networks to go through a Know Your Rights Training. Colorado folks, you can learn more via Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition.
I also needed to move some of my unrest into the sketchbook...
Who is this Jesus you pray to that honors and rewards the terror you bring to whose you fear or don't understand - the immigrant, the queer, the monk, the shadows in your mirror???
It
is
all
so
heavy
sometimes.
I hope you are able to find your outlets to move and process and create alongside the harder things. I also hope you can join me in protecting time to move our bodies. Were you able to watch the wind swirling around the branches in the tree (video at top of post*)?
*If you can't watch or access the video, you can create a log-in here to become a free member with Intrinsic Paths (on Patreon). This also gives you the ability to comment.
Ben and I went on a long hike on Sunday morning. It was grounding, playful, and beautiful. Towards the end of our walk, we dropped our packs and laid flat on the dirt under this magical tree. Napping or laying under trees is always good medicine.
Lastly, I will be co-hosting another monthly art lounge TODAY from 4:30-6:00 pm MT with my dear friend, Lesley Gilbert of Sacred Spaces. These are casual and meaningful gatherings where we come together - amidst the heavy things - to check-in, take deep breaths, and make art. I hope you can join us today or a 2nd Thursday down the road. Learn more and RSVP here.
Trying with you,
Jonathon
Also, our weekly Breathing & Centering sessions are now on Monday mornings 7:30-8:15 am MT. I hope this makes it easier for some of you to add it to your calendar if interested. You can learn more about these virtual gatherings through Insight Timer here.
No comments:
Post a Comment